-->

Saturday, 9 November 2013

life lately...

It's been awhile since I was posting on a regularly basis, and believe me, I miss it! Blogging and writing for me is a process that I often do completely selfishly. It's one of the few things in my life that is purely for myself, not for my husband, or my kids. Just me. I often think of them in the process, and others, and I hope to serve people with what I write, and above all glorify God, but I wouldn't do it if it didn't give me such joy.

I have a ton of blog posts in my brain, but I thought I'd just give a little update on what has been going on, since it has been so long since I have posted.

1. There is a baby growing inside of me...again.

I'm having another baby! It's awesome and exciting and also a lot of other things too. This second pregnancy has been really similar to my first, except that my lifestyle is totally different! I am having a really hard time managing my pregnancy and managing a toddler, loving on my husband, and having a home (a really BIG home too, in comparison to others we have lived in). It's made me second guess my desire for a huge family and I'll blog all about that process and the fact that I have completely idolized big families to the point of not really noticing how amazing smaller families are too.


2. I've been really sick
A little over a week ago I got really sick with the flu (or food poisoning) and had to be hospitalized. It was awful, and happened just as I was entering my second trimester and starting to get a little pep back into my step! Through this process it's also become very obvious (it's been pretty obvious for awhile) that I have a chronic lifelong digestive condition. I'm still in the midst of learning how to deal with it, but I know that the next few months will involve me finding some sort of support group with others who have dealt with it, as well as finding a nutritionist to help me get my health on track. I also know that spiritually, I will need to be relying on God to help me with emotional stress and learning some good Christian-based meditative techniques to help me when I feel anxious.

I know with a chronic conditions that I will always have this to think about, but perhaps that is not such a bad thing. Perhaps it will force me to get my eating back on track and get my butt into gear in terms of moving and exercising and finding healthy ways to deal with emotional stress. I know lately I have let everything slip and it's probably why I'm in this mess to begin with!

we also just got back from a short trip to Great Wolf Lodge!

3. We had a little scare with BB # 2, but all is good!

A few days ago at my prenatal appointment the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat of our sweet baby. At first I wasn't scared at all, last time it took a really long time to find the heartbeat with Penelope, but we always knew it was because I had an anterior placenta and were always told not to worry. This time we had no information about placenta, and that little seed of worry was planted.

We opted to have an ultrasound, and had to wait two days until we were able to confirm that everything was perfectly fine with our baby. I still have little information on placement of placenta, since I need to talk to my midwife about the results, but I am feeling so happy knowing that our child is safe and healthy!

It was a scary moment for us. We're so thankful for a healthy baby and the experience taught me to appreciate this pregnancy, even when it throws my entire life off track. A baby is coming!! and that makes it all worth it!

How about you? What's new with you? Hopefully all that craziness explains why I have been MIA!

at Great Wolf Lodge, wearing the cutest outfit!
Rapunzel shirt and black tights (H&M)
faux ugg boots 
total cost: $15

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like life is great! Regarding digestive issues, you may find this blog helpful (and it's fun to read as well): http://www.hungryhungryhippie.com/

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What wonderful news (about the pregnancy)!!! I'll be praying for you, your baby, and your health. :-)

    ReplyDelete